Tuesday, December 23, 2008

An Impossible Decision

How could you choose to lose your legs? One brave young man had to make such a decision. Young Nick Nelson made the decision to have his legs amputated and to switch to carbon fiber “J” legs. “Nick was born with a rare birth defect called popliteal pterygium syndrome. Caused by one defective gene, the syndrome expressed itself as winglike webs of tissue growing behind his knees that prevented him from being able to extend his legs.”
Read full article

1 comment:

AbiliTV Disability Awareness said...

Hi Becca, I liked the article about Nick.

I'm an online activist who started a movement called AbiliTV. I just had someone contact me with Multiple Pterygium Syndrome who is having a tough time breathing due to it.

I'm found on YouTube as user name SpinergyDude. I was wondering if you would mind contacting me on YouTube, so I can connect this young person to you, as she is seeking someone who can treat her condition before it's to late for her. I think it's the fatal version she has IF left untreated.

Or if you rather, let me know whom Nick saw so I can let her know. She is on medicaid of course being born with this, and needs someone to help sooner rather than later.

Spinergy
AbiliTV The disABILTIES movement!